Our wire erosion capacity is some of the newest and largest capacity in the UK. All our machines are Agie Charmilles with our Progress 3 and Progress 4 machines being between 2 and 4 years old. The features requiring wire erosion on the hugely complex BAPS structure components were manufactured on our Progress 4 machine.
- Complex shapes that would otherwise be difficult to produce with conventional cutting tools
- Extremely hard material to very close tolerances
- Very small work pieces where conventional cutting tools may damage the part from excess cutting tool pressure.
- There is no direct contact between tool and work piece. Therefore delicate sections and weak materials can be machined without any distortion.
- A good surface finish can be obtained.
- Very fine holes can be easily drilled.